Getting to Urbana-Champaign
Champaign-Urbana is located on Interstates 72, 74, and 57; 135 miles south of Chicago, Illinois; 180 miles northeast of St. Louis, Missouri; and 120 miles west of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Detailed information can be found on directions to the UIUC campus can be found here and here. For international attendees, further information and direction on how to get to the UIUC campus can be found here. A step by step guide with pictures is also available here.
There are charter bus services from all major airports: Chicago O’Hare, Chicago Midway, Indianapolis, St. Louis, and Peoria. Options include: Peoria Charter Coach (from O’Hare to Illinois Terminal) and Greyhound (from Chicago Bus Station to Intermodal Transportation Center).
The Champaign Willard Airport (CMI) offers daily flights through American and United. AMTRAK service is also available if you would like to take a train to Champaign.
Within Urbana-Champaign, MTD operates the bus system. Fare is $1 per ride, including any transfers. Download the app Token Transit from Google Play or App Store to electronically purchase and use your ticket.
Lodging in Urbana-Champaign
If you are interested in staying with a student, please fill out this student crash space form. We cannot guarantee that we will arrange a crash space for you as it is voluntary to offer crash space; however, we will try our best.
If you plan on staying in a hotel, make sure to book your reservation early. Below is an incomplete list of hotels with their distances from the conference location.
Illini Union Guest Hotel (at conference location)
1401 W. Green St. #115, Urbana, IL
Hampton Inn at U of I (0.7 miles)
1200 W. University Ave, Urbana, IL
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign (1.1 miles)
1501 S. Neil St, Champaign, IL
I-Hotel and Conference Center (1.1 miles)
1900 S. First St, Champaign, IL
Homewood Suites by Hilton (1.1 miles)
1417 S. Neil St, Champaign, IL
Hawthorn Suites (1.2 miles)
101 Trade Center Dr, Champaign, IL
America’s Best Inn Urbana (1.2 miles)
409 W. University Ave, Urbana, IL
Comfort Suites (1.8 miles)
2001 N. Lincoln Ave, Urbana, IL
Country Inn and Suites (1.9 miles)
602 W. Marketview Dr, Champaign, IL 61822
Ramada (2.2 miles)
902 W. Killarney St, Urbana, IL 61801
Holiday Inn Express (2.2 miles)
1003 W. Killarney St, Urbana, IL 61801
La Quinta (3.9 miles)
1900 Center Dr, Champaign, IL
Drury Inn (4.6 miles)
905 W. Anthony Dr., Champaign, IL
The conference will take place at the Illini Union in the heart of the UIUC campus. The conference rooms are on the 4th floor. For accessible entries, parking, entry points, and restrooms please visit this link.
Visitors to campus who do not have a University of Illinois NetID can still use the campus wi-fi by connecting to the IllinoisNet_Guest network from Technology Services:
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network “IllinoisNet_Guest”
- A browser window should automatically open/ If this does not happen, open your web browser and navigate to http://illinois.edu.
- As a guest or visitor, click the link at the bottom of the page and you can self-register an account. This account will be valid until 4am the next day, after which you will be prompted to create a new account.
- After a brief moment the system should then inform you that you have been given Internet access. Visitors should choose Click Here for Wi-Fi Access. Keep in mind that any visitor accounts created in this way are only valid until 4am the following day, after which you will need to repeat this process.
- Still having issues? Please contact the Help Desk. Details on how to reach out to us can be found here: Technology Services Help Desk.
If you have never connected to IllinoisNet_Guest before and need help configuring your device, Technology Services has a guide to getting started with the guest wi-fi network at Illinois.